Boston Scientific Corporation ("Company" or "We") respects your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes:
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you download, register, access, or use the QLINIQL application (the "App").
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect in this App, in email, text, and other electronic communications sent through QLINIQL.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline or on any other Company apps or websites, including websites you may access through this App.
Our websites and apps have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
The App will collect information for a clinical research study sponsored by the Company and may include information that you provide about your day-to-day experiences, your chronic condition and your Company Spinal Cord Stimulation product or therapy ("the System") and how the System impacts your condition and quality of life.
Children Under the Age of 18
The App is not intended for children under 18 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our App:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you use the App.
- Automatically when you allow us to connect the App to your Apple Health, GoogleFit, Samsung S-health or Fitbit platforms (which collect sensor data from your mobile phone or wearable devices).
- Automatically when you allow us to connect the App to your System.
Information You Provide to Us
This information includes:
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us. The App does not collect personal identifiable information (PII) directly. If you need help or you need to contact the Company, the App will provide you with a link to an Email address which will launch your mobile phone’s Email client and send us an email with your name and address. The Company will handle and protect this PII according to all applicable laws.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes. Note that the content will be specific to each clinical study. All patient facing content proposed for use in the App (questions and messages) will be included in the required submissions for each clinical research study in which it is used.
- Your voice recordings.
Automatic Information Collection [and Tracking]
When you download, access, and use the App, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Mobile Device Usage Details. Details of your access to and use of the App, including traffic data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the App.
- Mobile Device Information. Information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, mobile operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number, the type of mobile device you use, and unique device ID. Sensor data from your mobile phone or wearable devices such as activity, steps, calories, heart rate, etc.
- System Data. Program usage, charging patterns, etc. from your System.
If you do not want us to collect the information above, do not download the App or delete it from your mobile device.
This App does not collect precise information about the location of your mobile device.
Why is access to my personal health information being requested?
To conduct the clinical research study and to ensure that the information relating to that research is available to all parties who may need it for research purposes. The Company may allow others to access, use, disclose and analyze the information to better understand how patients such as you are currently benefiting or may in the future benefit from the System and how it impacts your condition or quality of life. Analyzing data about your use of the System and the results you are experiencing allows the Company to better understand patient use and benefit of the System so that We can continue to design, develop and optimize current and future products for optimal patient care.
Participation in the clinical study is mandatory in order to be able to use the basic features of the App. When you enroll in the clinical study and use the App, you will be assigned with an App User Id and a Clinical Patient Id.
How we Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the App and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- Notify you when App updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- Collect data stated above in the context of a clinical research study.
- We may also use the information you provide us to contact you from time to time to provide you with recommendation messages regarding your condition, therapy, behaviors, or System.
The usage information We collect helps us to improve our App and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our App according to your individual interests.
- Recognize you when you use the App.
Furthermore, We are asking for your permission to store, access, use and disclose the health information you enter in a central database/repository for future research on health conditions and potential treatments, such as for use in future research relating to your health condition and System.
Disclosure of Your Information
Who may use, disclose and receive my health information?
If you agree, your health information collected and/or created through the App may be disclosed to others. By installing the App, you are agreeing to disclose your health information to:
- Your doctor and medical staff.
- Company and its affiliated corporations and their respective employees, contractors and other agents.
- Third party collaborators performing data analysis.
- Any laboratories and other individuals and organizations that analyze your health information in connection with the study in accordance with the study’s protocol.
- The United States Food and Drug Administration, Medicare, Medicaid, Notified Bodies, Competent Authorities and other regulatory agencies.
- The members and staff of the hospital/institution’s affiliated Institutional Review Board, Ethics Committee(s), Privacy Board, and all other institutional review boards or persons who watch over how the research is performed and/or monitor the safety and success of the research, including the hospital/institution that approves this study.
Do third parties see and/or have access to information obtained by the App?
Yes. We will share your information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement.
We may disclose personal information that we collect, you provide, and Automatically Collected Information:
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- if the Company is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of this information, as well as any choices you may have regarding this information.
By installing this App, you are giving permission for your health information to be stored, accessed, used and disclosed for these purposes.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
What are my opt-out rights?
Opt-out of all information collection by uninstalling the App – You can stop all collection of information by the App easily by uninstalling the App. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information
If you’d like us to delete your data that you have provided via the App, please contact us at QliniqlApp@bsci.com and We will respond in a reasonable time. Please note that some or all of your data may be required in order for the App to function properly, and We may be required to retain certain information by law.
Do I have to install this App?
You do not have to install this App. But if you do not, you will not be able to download and use the App. Using this App is not a condition for receiving any medical care. Your decision to withdraw your authorization or not to use the App will not involve any penalty or loss of access to treatment or other benefits to which you are otherwise entitled to receive.
What if I change my mind about allowing access to my health information?
If you decide to use the App, you are free to withdraw your authorization regarding the access, use and disclosure of your health information at any time. If you wish to revoke your authorization, you must contact Company through the support section of the App or contact your study doctor or clinical research coordinator. If you cease to use the App, Company and your doctor will continue to use and disclose any information about you that were gathered before you stopped using the App.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information.
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information We process and maintain. For example, We limit access to this information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our App. Please be aware that, although We endeavor to provide reasonable security for information We process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
If you have any questions regarding privacy while using the App, or have questions about our practices, please contact us via email at GlobalPrivacy@bsci.com.
Boston Scientific Corporation
300 Boston Scientific Way
Marlborough, MA 01752